It’s 8pm Friday night, we are in our hotel room and I’m not ready. I don’t mean clothing wise, I’m fully dressed for the meet & greet, purple shoes on. What I mean is I’m not ready to face all of these new people. It’s the first time we’ve stepped outside as PurpleSole and littlegem and it feels daunting. Neither of us has eaten, apart from a small bag of sweets.
Social situations are not my thing, you may have noticed this if you met me at Eroticon. If you didn’t, I the one who was quietly sipping water / gin & tonic wearing purple shoes.
I apologise to those I didn’t speak to. I certainly didn’t factor how lovely and approachable those in the community are. It’s just not something I would expect in a usual situation. Luckily there are people that just come up to you.
All the seminars we went to were very informative and there was so much useful information to take away. I really wish I had taken a pen so I could have made notes in the great note book that was in our goody bag, I settled for making them on my phone instead. I’m still trying to decipher some of what I wrote.
It can be very intense going to as many sessions as possible. We took a break from it on both days at Kinkcraft Workshop. Making stuff in a relaxing environment, chatting to Andrew and Pixie was a joy. This also gave us opportunity to speak to others in the room as well.
I had a great time looking at all the sponsors stands. We were both particularly excited about the ElectraStim, having got some advice about them before. Although we probably took up a lot of Claire’s time talking about all the different products. We were so impressed that we made a purchase when we got home.
I was lucky enough to try out the ElectraStim a bit more closely as a friend had bought theirs with them. We were really impressed by its abilities and I can’t wait to experiment further with it.
Saturday’s meet & greet was more comfortable. Helped by the candyfloss machine which gem instantly gravitated to.
Who ever decided on the candyfloss is a magnificent person, yum!
There are a few things that I would do differently next year, and yes we have already decided that we need to go back!
So a note to myself really;
- Get an earlier train there- A bit of time would be good to relax before the meet and greet.
- Force myself to socialise. Everyone was so nice and we are kicking ourselves that we didn’t get to speak we everyone we wanted. I just need a push in the right direction to get over my awkwardness.
- Take a wheeled suitcase. Running for trains carrying a holdall is no fun. Plus the bigger size would be good to fit all the goodies you get given in, I had to do some inventive packing Sunday.
- Take a pen. So much knowledge to write down.
- Bring a water bottle- I don’t drink tea or coffee and really hated wasting all the plastic cups that I kept using for water.
Finally a big thank you to Molly and Michael for all the effort you put in to allow us to enjoy our weekend.
If you would like to see some photos we took at the weekend, click here.